Timothy Weah confirms Celtic loan has ended prematurely, will miss Scottish Cup final

Timothy Weah confirms Celtic loan has ended prematurely, will miss Scottish Cup final
Timothy Weah has confirmed that his Celtic loan has come to a premature end before their final three games of the season.The 19-year-old attacker has left to join up with the USAs squad for the upcoming Under-20 World Cup in Poland.Timothy Weah is the son of George Weah2
Timothy Weah is the son of George Weah
The Hoops still have an Old Firm meeting with Rangers to play on Sunday, as well as two games against Hearts (one in the Scottish Cup final), however Weah will not be a part of the squad.He explained the situation in an Instagram statement which read: To all my Celtic fans, I want to say thank you all for the undying support you have given me throughout my time with Celtic.I will be joining my national team to participate in the Under-20 World Cup in Poland.With this decision, the gaffer told me that it is in the best interest of the team that I collect my things and go home rather than be apart of the game on Sunday, so Ill be on my way. It was a true honour playing for this club and also having the opportunity to interact with legends who paved the way for us.As a young player, I feel its an important step in trying to advance myself.I still have a lot of growing to do in my game and I am especially thankful to the Celtic family for giving me the opportunity to show you all what I am capable of doing once given the chance.To you the fans, I will never forget you for all the love, support and kindness you have shown me. I dont know as yet what the future holds but I wish to one day come back to this great club to be with you all.Weah featured for the USA’s senior team against England at Wembley last year2
Weah featured for the USA’s senior team against England at Wembley last year
In his 16 appearances for the club Weah bagged four goals, though the PSG loanee’s game time dwindled as the campaign wore on.He concluded: I will forever miss you chanting my name and hearing the beautiful song you have created for me.I also want to take this time to thank my wonderful teammates for supporting me every step of the way.It was really great playing with you all and sharing some really amazing moments that Ill never forget . Thanks so much to Celtic FC and to you the fans for accepting me.
View this post on Instagram To all my Celtic Fans I want to say thank you all for the undying support you have given me throughout my time with Celtic. I will be joining my National team to participate in the U20 World Cup in Poland. With this decision, the gaffer told me that it is in the best interest of the team that I collect my things and go home rather than be apart of the game on Sunday so Ill be on my way. It was a true honor playing for this club and also having the opportunity to interact with legends who paved the way for us. As a young player, I feel its an important step in trying to advance myself. I still have a lot of growing to do in my game and I am especially thankful to the Celtic family for giving me the opportunity to show you all what I am capable of doing once given the chance. To you the fans, I will never forget you for all the love, support and kindness you have shown me. I dont know as yet what the future holds but I wish to one day come back to this great club to be with you all. I will forever miss you chanting my name and hearing the beautiful song you have created for me. I also want to take this time to thank my wonderful teammates for supporting me every step of the way. It was really great playing with you all and sharing some really amazing moments that Ill never forget . Thanks so much to Celtic FC and to you the fans for accepting me. God blessA post shared by TIMO WEAH (@timothyweah) on


Gerrard will be keen to get some new faces into Ibrox before too long

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard hits back at Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke's comments about Jermain Defoe 'dive' And Rangers boss Gerrard hit back at Clarke's comments.
Rangers boss Steven Gerrard hits out at Kilmarnock's Steve

Manchester United fought back from two goals down to draw with Southampton

Pep Guardiola is confident that Manchester City will not be banned from the Champions League despite Uefa's investigation into the club's Financial Fair Play (FFP) compliance. Uefa will
FFP: Man City boss Pep Guardiola does not think financial

Giuseppe Rossi back in training with Manchester United

Goncalo Guedes: Valencia and Portugal winger suffers minor injuries in car crash as his Ferrari hits - talkSPORT 45 | talkSPORTReports in Portugal claim Goncalo Guedes suffered the accident this morning in Valencia.
Car Accident In Waterloo - One News Page VIDEO

Wilfried Zaha celebrates scoring against Arsenal.

Liverpool 1-0 Napoli PLAYER RATINGS: Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk impress while Dries Mertens fails to shine for Serie A side. REPORT: Mohamed Salah fires Reds into Champions League knockout

Ronaldo and Juventus are still on course to win the Champions League this season

Manchester United are reportedly back in the race for Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin. The Premier League giants tried signing the Uruguay star during the summer transfer window but the deal failed to pull through. However, with the 32-year-old's deal set to expire at the end of this season, the Red Devils will try their luck again in January.
Paper Talk: Man Utd target LaLiga sporting director; shock

Oleksandr Zinchenko nailed down a regular starting spot in Pep Guardiola’s side in the latter stages of last season
Manchester United transfer news: How would Ole Gunnar

Emery stressed how difficult it will be to finish in the Champions League spots too

As Wolves run riot in the Premier League, who are the best newly-promoted teams? Wolves have received plenty of deserved plaudits on their return to the top flight; Some go as far to call them the
Wolves can break their Premier League points record against

Gomes has been replaced by Foster as Watford’s No.1
Fulham 0-3 Manchester United: Red Devils move into top four

Oblak in action in 2014

Zidane thus became the first Real Madrid manager to win his first Clásico match since Bernd Schuster in December 2007. On 4 May, Zidane led Real Madrid to a place in the 2016 UEFA Champions League Final by beating Manchester City 1-0 on aggregate. In La Liga, Real Madrid finished runners up, just one point behind Barcelona.

Will Solanke get a run-out against his old club?

Former Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho falls flat on his backside after opening ice hockey match in Russia Nelson Oliveira injury: Reading striker's wife blasts Tyrone Mings for stamp
Mourinho humiliated by fall at Russian hockey league face-off

Pochettino has persevered with Sissoko

🎉🏟 - mike dean and tranmere are heading to wembley! The Premier League referee cannot hide his excitement at The New Lawn as his side secure their place in the play-off final! 🔥 pic
Referee Mike Dean celebrates Tranmere reaching League Two

No comments:

Post a Comment