Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos opens up over family heartache and hails backing from fans ahead of Celtic showdown

Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos opens up over family heartache and hails backing from fans ahead of Celtic showdown
Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos has opened up over the personal tragedy that has driven him on during his career.In an emotional interview with the club’s TV channel, the Colombia international revealed how he vowed to take care of his family after his youngster sister tragically died and says it feels him with pride that he has fulfilled his promise.Alfredo Morelos has become a key man for Rangers2
Alfredo Morelos has become a key man for Rangers
The 22-year-old said: “My family supports me very unconditionally, they always give me that motivation, that love, to do things better every day.“The love of my parents, my sisters, it makes me proud to be doing what I’ve been doing so far.“My little sister was a very big motivation for me. I told my mother that I would take care of them, because we were a very poor family there in Colombia, in Cerete.“After my little sister died, I told my mother one day I’m going to take care of you and my whole family and, thank God, we are now doing really well.“Now I am in this great institution where everything is really working out for me.“My family is very proud of me. Honestly, my mother, my father, they cry, they cry watching me play.“My parents were here, they now know how it is, the atmosphere here and more so now seeing it themselves.“It’s something they feel proud of, of their son, because I do it with a lot of love for them too. I’m happy to make my family very happy.”Morelos recently signed his fourth Rangers contract in less than two years and is committed to Ibrox until 2023.And the former HJK Helsinki player admits the love of the fans has inspired him.The forward, who has 29 goals this season, said: “I like Rangers a lot, the fans, the football, what we experience day to day is incredible. The fans, the way they praise us and want to watch us play every weekend, every midweek, is amazing.Alfredo Morelos has a good relationship with Rangers boss Steven Gerrard2
Alfredo Morelos has a good relationship with Rangers boss Steven Gerrard
“I get that adrenaline rush and it’s awesome, I want to be competing as much as I can and as fast as I can.“It’s exciting, I get goosebumps, it’s a love they have, for me for everything I have done on the pitch…. and it really motivates me to know that the fans, both the kids and adults, love me in an incredible way.“I know it and I feel it because every time I score, every time I go to a shopping centre or go out for dinner, the love the Rangers fans have for me is awesome. I want to keep doing things right so they keep loving me.”Morelos promised not to lose the competitive spirit which has got him this far but has also got him into trouble on the pitch. The striker has received four red cards this season, one of which was later rescinded, and a further 16 yellow cards on top of two double-bookings.“I am a very hot player on the field, I’m very passionate, and I like it,” he said.“When I’m competing, when I’m active and fighting with the defence, jumping, holding the ball up, I would never change the way I am.“I’m a tough player, I like playing in the air, I like clashing, I like frustrating the defence.“No one can faze me, I’m the kind of player that is always dedicated to my team, and I fight for my team.”

The former Manchester United starlet is currently playing in Mexico

Celtic news: Green Brigade 'ultras' group hit out over firecracker incident at St Mirren as police and Scottish Premiership side announce investigation Celtic's 'ultras' group the Green Brigade has accused the person who threw a firecracker on to the pitch at St Mirren of inflicting harm on their fellow fans. Police and the Scottish
Matthew Lindsay: Talk of normalising pyrotechnics at football

Kepa refused to be substituted

FA cup is a big honor to win, but in depth, AW has not many options, it comes back to him why he does not strengthen the team. He usually gets challenged in the months of March and April because of the CL, EPL,and FA and for this reason, his spotting does not earn him anything, will it be the case again.

The latest transfer news and football gossip

Premier League - Follow the Football match between Burnley and Liverpool live with Eurosport. The match starts at 03:45 on 6 December 2018. Our live coverage lets you follow all the key moments
Everton vs Liverpool confirmed teams: Divock Origi starts

Daniel James was impressive once again

"I really don't get a lot of your questions today but, sorry, maybe you are not happy with my answers. I don't understand it, why should I think about that? "Are they ready?
Jurgen Klopp bewildered at Liverpool press conference | Daily

Son Heung-min has been a revelation for Spurs this season

Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson has been thwarted in his bid to force an independent review of Championship clubs' finances. Gibson's proposal was overturned by the 'majority' of the
Championship clubs reject Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson's

Morgan Gibbs-White can operate as a midfielder or further up the pitch

1 - The away team have won just one of the last 16 Premier League fixtures between Spurs and Arsenal, with the Gunners winning 1-0 at White Hart Lane in March 2014; the home team has won each of
Arsenal - LineNews.in

There will also be various shopping outlets inside

Manchester United transfer news: Benfica goalkeeper Odisseas Vlachodimos lined up as possible David De Gea replacement Talksport; Newcastle don't need goalkeeper Vlachodimos despite some Dubravka mistakes

Lloris’ performances have been criticised this season, but he’s still kept 12 clean sheets

Chelsea on-loan striker Michy Batshuayi will not return to Stamford Bridge in January Sarri has also not expressed any desire to have the Belgian back at Stamford Bridge Chelsea on-loan striker Michy Batshuayi will not return to Stamford Bridge in January according to reports.
Michy Batshuayi set for Chelsea return with Valencia poised

Maradona puts Peter Shilton on his backside at the 1986 World Cup

WHAT A SIGHT The second test event saw saw Tottenham Legends take on Inter Forever and the Spurs faithful and Ardiles took the opportunity to gush about the club's new home Tottenham's slick new stadium saw its first piece of football last weekend and it wowed all those who attended including talkSPORT's Ian Abrahams, who…
'Simply the best' - Tottenham fans and former player Ossie
hollywoodadviser.com/simply-the-best-tottenham-fans-and-former-player-ossie-ardiles-marvel-over-new-stadium-at-spurs-legends-v-inter-forever-match/
WHAT A SIGHT The second test event saw saw Tottenham Legends take on Inter Forever and the Spurs faithful and Ardiles took the opportunity to gush about the club's new home Tottenham's slick new stadium saw its first piece of football last weekend and it wowed all those who attended including talkSPORT's Ian Abrahams, who labelled it the best stadium he's ever been to.
News - Page 557 - sharpeze.com

Maurizio Sarri will not change his philosophy

Real Madrid 'confident' about landing Manchester United's Paul Pogba. The Man Utd midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to Madrid as Chelsea's Eden Hazard looks braced for a switch to the
PSG's Adrien Rabiot on a free transfer to Manchester United

Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa could welcome back Liam Cooper against Derby

Manchester City's owners are considering buying a football club in India, which would make it the seventh club the City Football Group (CFG) has a share of. CFG, founded by Sheikh Mansour in
Manchester City owners City Football Group considering buying

Hazard has had to play a false nine role a few times this season – a position he doesn’t like playing

Lyon forward and former Manchester United man Memphis Depay has talked about his exit from the club and relationship with Wayne Rooney ahead of his team's clash with Manchester City on Wednesday
Wayne Rooney hires a burly ex-Old Trafford bodyguard | Daily

Bournemouth's Dean Court in 2017

Manchester City became the first men's team in English history to win the domestic treble on Saturday. A 6-0 win against Watford at Wembley secured the FA Cup, which Pep Guardiola's side have
Manchester United launch new Treble-inspired home kit

No comments:

Post a Comment